Re: Brasero 2.27.91 release

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Joerg
Schilling<Joerg Schilling fokus fraunhofer de> wrote:

> cdrkit          is in conflict with the Copyright law and cannot be legally
>                distributed. cdrkit in addition is full of bugs. Why would
>                someone like to use it?
>

> I informed the Linux distributors that distribute the illegal "cdrkit".

You have stated two times that cdrkit is illegal, but I'm missing why.
Can you elaborate for those who have not followed this discussion the
last few years?

> Then you could be interested in helping the cdrtools project to defend against
> the attacks from anti-oss companies like e.g. RedHat.

I have not really followed these discussions the last few years, so I
have no idea who's right, but combating FUD with FUD does not seem to
be the right solution to me.

For interested readers, here's the other point of view:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legal-list/2009-July/msg00000.html

--
Frederik