Re: libburn as a default backend?

Le mardi 07 avril 2009 à 15:54 +0200, Fabian Greffrath a écrit :
Philippe Rouquier schrieb:
> Once those two things (CD TEXT for libburn and UDF support for libisofs)
> are added I don't see any other case where libburn/libisofs could not
> and won't be used.

I am really looking forward to a GNOME desktop without the requirement
to install (a clone of) cdrecord! \o/

> And true, read cd functionality would be nice although brasero has
> already some built in. (Second gunshot noise)

Sorry for the silly question, but why should Brasero want to *read*
cd? Integrity checks?

Exactly or also get some information about the filesystem which is useful for DVD+RW for example as this type of discs doesn't work like CDs (they don't have the concept of track). In the future it could even help to replace the readcd/readom programs.