video projects

Hi..could someone please advise me with my problem..I have just updated my Ubuntu and Brasero to the very latest so I could access the video projects application but I am able to get it as far as the Disc Burning Setup box that comes up but the burn button in that box is greyed out so I cannot proceed. The material that I am trying to burn to disc is in my Video section of my PC and has been downloaded from one of the torrents on the web and I was wondering if that is the cause of it ..Please help me ..Thanks Tanya Clausen