Re: [Banshee-List] Fetching Metadata

How did you install Banshee originally? If you add the PPA and then use
the Software Centre (which presumably has a 2.6 version number, although
you don't say either way) then you should either get an error or begin
using 2.6 when you next start it.

If that doesn't happen then one of two things normally happened: 1) you
missed the error, 2) it upgraded, but you're running Banshee from a
different location (e.g. a locally compiled /usr/local/bin instead of
the /usr/bin/ that the package supplies). Oh, or 3) something managed to
keep Banshee hanging around, and you didn't actually quit it properly
(although logouts and reboots should stop that ever being the case).

What do you get if you run "which banshee" (or possibly "which
banshee-1") from the command-line?

What happens if you remove Banshee using the Software Centre and then
try to run it without installing a new version? If that still runs then
something is definitely running instead of the packaged version!