Re: [Banshee-List] Fetching Metadata

I see. Musicbrainz has no problem finding the metadata, so I guess the
problem is Banshee. When I say I have tried to install 2.6, I mean I have
been to the software, centre, uninstalled my existing Banshee, and installed
the one on the Software Centre, which should presumably be the most recent
version. However the problem is the same and under the About tab it still
says I am using 1.6.1. I had a look on this site, and it says:

"Banshee is a default app on Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10. Ubuntu has a policy of
not updating the version of a shipped application, so the version available
in the default repository might be old. Note that Canonical modifies our
code to take a 75% cut of our Amazon affiliate revenue. If you use Banshee
from the community PPA below, 100% of the affiliate revenue will go to
GNOME.

To add the community-run Banshee Team PPA:
In a terminal, run sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/ppa
Then install or update Banshee"

I did this, and still I ended up with 1.6.1. If I could just install a 2.6
deb package, would that possibly do the trick?