Re: [Banshee-List] banshee+monoaddins+opensuse

2011/10/4 Andres G. Aragoneses <knocte gmail com>:
> On 10/04/2011 04:05 PM, Nelson Marques wrote:
>>
>> 2011/10/4 Andres G. Aragoneses<knocte gmail com>:
>>>
>>> Hey Nelson, you mind answering a couple of questions about this:
>>
>> Hey

>>> Break applications in what way? You have logs or URLs of bugs about this?
>>
>> Applications stopped working, didn't even launched. This was reported
>> to me by a user in #opensuse-gnome, and F-Spot was one of the
>> identified applications that stopped working. A few days later I've
>> seen complaints ago GNOME Do as well.
>>
>> Also like two weeks ago, a user on this list also confirmed this
>> situation. I haven't opened a bug report because with the introduction
>> of Banshee 2.2.0 SLE and SLE11SP1 would not provide the dependencies
>> to build banshee 2.2.0 (ex: gstreamer), so I wiped those packages.
>>
>> If you need any kind of report or deeper look into this, I can
>> replicate that behavior and get a branch with banshee linking against
>> a different version of mono-addins and pull the logs from f-spot.
>
> Well, at least a stacktrace of the problem when launching the application
> under a terminal, would be the minimal thing to ask.

I have created Banshee:Testing for this and configured two
repositories, one for 11.4 and another for Factory. This is plain
Banshee with mono-addins 0.6.2. I don't have a 11.4 install to test
this, but I'll see if I can grab someone to do this test and give the
output.

I'll share some news about this soon. I've found problems myself
because I only 3 applications, banshee/totem, chrome and
gnome-terminal :)

NM

>>> I still don't know why you think you need to pull a newer mono for this
>>> mono-addins issue. MonoAddins is a package completely independent from
>>> Mono
>>> and you can pull a new version from it without tinkering with the rest of
>>> mono-related packages.
>>
>> OBS allows me to create a built target using any number of
>> repositories I want, since mono-addins is maintained on Mono:Factory,
>> linking against that repo would use the latest mono framework and
>> mono-addins.
>
> I see! Well, then in my opinion what should happen is that MonoAddins should
> be moved to Mono:Community repository, not to Mono:Factory.

I don't understand much of the Mono layout on OBS, Stephen has helped
me when I needed, I did updated some packages and did some tinkering
for older systems (SLE11). It's probably something that the best way
would be to talk with the Mono maintainers. I know that Mono:Factory
is important because that's the development project for openSUSE
Factory, whatever goes to openSUSE is taken from Mono:Factory.

I've submitted yesterday mono-addins 0.6.2, but that's my role there,
if I find something that can be updated, I'll submit the update, and I
submitted to Mono:Factory after asking Stephen what would be the
proper recipient.

NM