Re: [Banshee-List] My Music Library Is Messed Up

Flamethrower wrote:

> Can I automatically convert my WAV library to FLAC or do I need to start
> over?

There are many applications available that can convert .wav to .flac. I have
always had good luck with the plain vanilla Gnome SoundConverter.

I was at an Audio store a couple weeks ago and I saw a product called
Sooloos.  The proprietor of the Audio store said that it was Stereophiles
product of the year two years running.  I incorrectly thought he said it
stored everything in WAV format.  This was one of my reasons for wanting to
use WAV.  I just visited the Stereophile website and I see that Sooloos
stores everything in FLAC.

> http://www.stereophile.com/mediaservers/908sooloos/
>
> I think anyone wanting to build a music server should check this system
> out....

If you are wanting to setup an audio server so you can stream your
collection to various computers, phones, tablets, etc. You should check out
http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp Subsonic  It is hands down one of
the best, most useful, easiest applications I have ever used...