Re: [Banshee-List] My Music Library Is Messed Up

As always...thanks for the continued education everyone.  My logic was.... if
a CD is a WAV file then why mess with anything else.  I wanted to store
everything in WAV and not have to deal with the latest fad such as FLAC2.3
(jk).  I don't mind investing my time in FLAC or WAVPACK if that's what it
takes to have a library of music that is sortable and transportable, etc.

Would everyone agree that there is no way to properly sort and maintain a
library in BANSHEE if I wanted to brute force my way through WAV?

Late Breaking Thinking/News:  I was at an Audio store a couple weeks ago and
I saw a product called Sooloos.  The proprietor of the Audio store said that
it was Stereophiles product of the year two years running.  I incorrectly
thought he said it stored everything in WAV format.  This was one of my
reasons for wanting to use WAV.  I just visited the Stereophile website and
I see that Sooloos stores everything in FLAC.

http://www.stereophile.com/mediaservers/908sooloos/

I think anyone wanting to build a music server should check this system
out....

Back to the tinkering:  Can I automatically convert my WAV library to FLAC
or do I need to start over?

I checked out the Anthony Gallo speakers (nice)  Remind me a little of
Dahlquist DQ10s (at least the open air aspect of them).

Thanks again for all the patience and help.