Re: [Banshee-List] My Music Library Is Messed Up

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 05:11 -0700, Flamethrower wrote:
> Thanks for the education.   My music library (WAV files) was originally
> sorted properly within Banshee.  I loaded each CD using Banshee and made
> sure that each album had the correct album title, song title, album artwork.
> Everything worked nicely.  Why did the library get corrupt so that now I
> need to be using compressed files with tags?  Am I treading new ground with
> WAV files because most people are saving space with compression formats.
> With the cost of DASD so low it makes sense for me to put my music files in
> WAV format and create an audiofile ( :) ) quality setup.  Thanks,

Actually, it doesn't make sense. To me at least. There is *no*
difference in sound quality between a wav file and the same file
converted to a lossless format (flac, wavpack etc).  You save space
using a lossless format and you can apply tags which allows you to
switch between music players at will and still retain your collection
arrangement.

Try out flac or wavpack and see what you think. I'd suggest flac if you
want maximum support across other applications, but wavpack is catching
up.

For what it's worth, i'm also an audiophile (looks at his Anthony Gallo
Accoustics Reference 3.1s), so i know where you're coming from in
wanting the best sound possible.  If you have doubts about whether flac
is good enough, download an ABX app and test it.

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Cell: 406.210.3500