Re: [Banshee-List] Newbie Q: Lyrics & iTunes Library

It's getting a little worse.
.
First, the config and the autogen scripts for 2.0.1 seem the think gtk2 is
not installed. It is. However, I've not been able to locate a binary by that
name to set a path as suggested by the script.
.
The version of 2.0.0 stopped working sometime after I tried to run either
the configuration script for banshee or when I tried to build the community
extensions. It came up but would not play. Then I did the foolish thing and
deleted the executable I had. Much to my chagrin it disappeared when I tried
to restore it. And I tried to restore it because I couldn't find where I got
that binary from. Someone, somewhere (I thought it was icewalkers.com) had
it, but no luck this afternoon. Banshee 1.8 seems to work find, though.
.
Please note that the instructions for building the Fedora version from the
repo's fails to do anything except tell me that there is nothing to do -
Banshee 1.8 is already installed (and doesn't know from 2.0.*).
.
I think the right way to continue is to start fresh. I've downloaded the tar
ball for 2.0.1 and extract it All the dependencies were installed as per the
instructions, but the script is not finding gtk2.
.