Re: [Banshee-List] Newbie Q: Lyrics & iTunes Library

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 3:43 PM, jbuckley2004 <jmj buckley verizon net> wrote:
> Bertrand, Appreciate your help.
> .
> I've been looking here http://banshee.fm/download/extensions/ and that's
> part of the problem. There's a list of extensions that raises suspicions
> because it doesn't match what is actually in the executable (at least,
> Lyrics is missing). At the bottom you see "tarballs" and instructions for
> git. Since I haven't used git before, it's mostly written in Klingon to me,
> but I'll struggle with it.

The extensions that are listed in this page are not part of Banshee
itself. As is indicated, they are provided by the "Banshee Community
Extensions" project and are packaged by most distributions, separately
from the main Banshee package.
That's why the first option listed in the "Getting Banshee Community
Extensions" paragraph is to install them using packages provided by
your distribution.
I've just updated that page to try to make things clearer, please take
a look again at that page to see if it helps.

> Digging into the links gets to tarballs that are pretty much unlabeled,
> except for a build indication that doesn't match the text I was reading
> concerning the extensions. (The newest was supposed to be ver. 1.8, I think,
> and a link is given to 2.0. No indication given that it might be an alpha or
> beta version).

Which text are you referring to ? The community extensions are usually
released at the same time as Banshee, with the same version number and
release type (active development or bugfixes only).

--
Bertrand Lorentz