Re: [Banshee-List] Mockup for Banshee 2.0 toolbar.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Matt Sturgeon <mttza1 gmail com> wrote:
> Is there seriously not s banshee design team?
>
> How is the project organised?

We have a maintainer team of four core developers
(http://banshee.fm/about/), at least one of whom must approve any code
changes.

> It is often common in open source to completely neglect visuals, design, art
> etc. In my opinion banshee is currently one of the more attractive gtk
> applications, but if it does not have a design team (and other categoric
> teams) then the right people might not be the ones making specific
> decisions.

We have long prided ourselves high standards for not just clean code
but a clean, great UI/UX.  Our maintainer team is our design team,
basically, though we of course welcome input (which many talented
people have given us over the years).

Once you have nailed down your suggestions/mockups, file each
could-stand-alone idea as an enhancement bug
(http://banshee.fm/contribute/file-bugs/) and a maintainer will review
it;  please don't file one huge bug with dozens of changes/ideas in
it.

Having a design team separate from the maintainer team could work
well, but it would have to be born out of a set of
designer-contributors who have proven themselves to the maintainers.

Thanks for your hard work!

Gabriel