Re: [Banshee-List] Problem with compilation albums

Noone but you can do anything about your millions of improperly ripped CD's. And if Banshee doesnt suit your needs, try amarok. the 2.0 Version was still quite buggy the last time i tested it, but since their database sorts by track artist by default, making albums a subcategory, you might like that system better. But please dont expect the devs to change banshee because you cant seem to be bothered to either rip your cds properly in the first place, or correcting the error wich is quite simple. furthermore, if your collection is that valuable to you, you should always have a backup. not just because you might destroy it when retagging (ive tagged many albums with banshee, and interesteringly enough, by default none of the changes are comitted to files, only the database entries are changed).

I'm using picard for tagging, and i must say despite the fact that the musicbrainz database is quite small, i get exact results 99% of the time.