Re: [Banshee-List] Problem with compilation albums

Hmmm. I saw that advice but I didn't entirely understand it because I thought it was to help with browsing by compilation artist.

I don't understand why is that necessary. When the albums have the same name, why can't the album browser group them together? My music collection is basically a bunch of compilation albums so it would be a huge pile of work to do this. Why can't software be smart and figure this out on its own? (Even assuming that there are cases with albums of the same name, then maybe it could use a heuristic and look at the directory structure.)

This sort of barrier increases the hassles for those who want to start using Banshee (http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000052.html)

-Keith