Re: [Banshee-List] Problem with compilation albums

I'm having the same problem as below. My album browser has individual entries
for every song even though the album name is the same. (Note, I don't copy
my music over to the new structure if that matters.)

Assuming you're using a reasonably up to date version (this works in 1.4.3, the version that ships with most distros), then you need to set the Compilation Album Artist for each of the tracks in the compilation album.

I find the easiest way to do this is to select all of the entries in the album browser that you wish to group, this will filter the tracks to those on the album. Select all of the tracks and Edit Properties. Then check the Compilation Album Artist box and put something in the field (like "Various Artists" or some such). Then there's a convenient button beside the text field that will automatically set that value to all selected tracks.

Hope that helps!