Re: [Banshee-List] Problem with compilation albums

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Daniel Münch <mailinglists protzkeule de> wrote:
The "Album Artist" is the standard way to deal with compilation albums. Every tool with compilation support does this so we should stick to it for interchangeability and should not try to invent the wheel completely new (like apple did once again by introducing a "compilation" tag ti iTunes instead of sticking to standards).

There are many tag editors which make it easy to add "Album Artist" tags quickly, it is woth the effort.

if now the Artist list would be customizable to show album artist instead of 1.000.000 Artists, almost everything would be perfect :)

Daniel

I'm not proposing we do anything like creating a new tag.

And music I ripped just a few months ago has this problem, so I don't know what you mean about "tools with compilation support" handling this properly. I stick a CD into Ubuntu, rip it, and then import the directory into Banshee, and it isn't handled properly. That is a very basic scenario.

-Keith