Re: [Banshee-List] Problem with compilation albums

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Steven Côté <steven cote gmail com> wrote:
And music I ripped just a few months ago has this problem, so I don't know what you mean about "tools with compilation support" handling this properly. I stick a CD into Ubuntu, rip it, and then import the directory into Banshee, and it isn't handled properly.

If you're ripping tool isn't filling all of the meta-data tags, then perhaps you should file a bug with that tool.

Good idea. I am not very proficient in music tagging, but it appears that the default Gnome / Ubuntu ripping software has a bug. But that doesn't solve Banshee's problem of what to do with the millions to billions of improperly ripped CDs. In fact, it should make you more concerned about the right default behavior.

-Keith