Re: [Banshee-List] Plug-in for MusicBrainz tagging

Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:46, Todd Wilson <twilson csufresno edu
> <mailto:twilson csufresno edu>> wrote:
>
>     3.  It looks like ripping with SJ and then importing the resulting
>     folder adds the metadata and coverart correctly.  What exactly does
>     import do?  Would it be easier to have SJ rip all the CDs to a separate
>     directory and import this whole directory, or rip them directly to my
>     music library?
>
> Either should be fine. I generally rip to a separate folder and use
> MusicBrainz Picard to add some of its extended metadata to my files, and
> Picard is set to move the folders/files to my Music folder, at which
> point a Rescan or manual Import in Banshee will add them to my Library.

I've installed the latest Picard and set up its options to do what you
suggest.  I'm having Picard save the album art as a file cover.jpg in
the album directory, but not all the album art is being recognized by
Banshee when I rescan or import.  Instead, in some cases, some older,
incorrect images are still being used.  Even if I overwrite each of the
incorrect files in ~/.cache/album-art/ with the appropriate cover.jpg
file, it still displays the old album art.

Also, can someone tell me just what happens during a rescan or an
import?  In particular, will a rescan cause all of my music library to
be "out of sync" with my iPod and in need of re-transcoding (as it seems
was the case the one time I tried it)?  Thanks,

Todd Wilson