Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.2.1 ignoring embedded cover art

2008/9/8 Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com>:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Jon Cosby <jon jcosby com> wrote:
>>
>> The covers in the linked image look the same to me. Am I missing
>> something? Banshee does find the embedded art by my experience.
>
> Do you think you could check out and comment on that bug I mentioned?
>

>> Personally I have the cover art fetcher disabled.
>
> Ah, of course! I had forgotten about this (call me an old hat).
> MercuryShadow, you can disable the fetching of cover art via Edit >
> Preferences, go to the Extensions tab and disable the Cover Art Fetching
> extension. Potential caveat (I don't really know): maybe this would disable
> it fetching local cover art, whether in the folder or embedded?

The cover art extension is what pops up the job in the lower-left
corner and tries to get cover art for all items in your library.  It
just calls the same method for fetching cover art that is ran when you
play a song, but it does it for everything all at once, basically.

If you're running trunk, you can disable network feature under
Preferences and Banshee should not go to the network for anything
(some things still might at the moment, but cover art shouldn't).

There is no way to turn off embedded and local-folder cover art
fetching, though, and they're always the first run.  It sounds like
there's a bug or there's bad metadata out there such that the embedded
fetch job is failing to find anything.

Gabriel