Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee hogging CPU and/or memory

I'm wondering if this is also consistent with you guys.

I went to disable the Smart Playlist plugin and it isn't listed as one
of my available plugins, but I clearly have the smart playlists under
Music Library and the "New Smartplaylist*" menu options under Music.

I did this to make sure:

$ sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/banshee
$ head -6 /usr/bin/banshee
#!/bin/bash

prefix=/usr
libdir=/usr/lib
exec_asm="banshee.exe"
MONO_EXE="/usr/lib/banshee/$exec_asm"

I tried it on the banshee/0.12.x and the banshee-with-dap-playlists
branches in svn.

JSR/

On 3/23/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 3/21/07, Trey Ethridge <tethridge gmail com> wrote:
> I saw another user that had CPU hogging issues the other day in
> #banshee.  It turned out that he had several smart playlists that used
> each other.  For example one was for most recently played and then he
> had another smart playlist that referenced the most recently played
> playlist.  He had that nesting happening several playlists deep.

Now that you mention it, it's very possible that the smart playlists
might be at fault; I've only started using them recently.

I created the predefined ones and also Recently Added and Recently
Played. I'll try deleting those two and see where I end up.

Thanks,
Andrew