Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee hogging CPU and/or memory

Does this happen when all of your plugins are disabled as well? Try
and make sure that nothing but core Banshee is running to help narrow
down the issue.

Also, can you be more specific when you say "the UI goes blank?" Is
this with Beryl or anything?"

Luke

On 3/20/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 3/20/07, Kevin Spencer <kevin kevinspencer org> wrote:
> FWIW, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one seeing this
> behavior.  I'm running Banshee 0.12.0 on Ubuntu edgy.
>
> It seems to happen at random and I'm having an entertaining time
> trying to pinpoint what triggers it.  I can run Banshee for hours with
> no problem and then all of a sudden, the UI goes blank and I get a
> total freeze.  Running top at that point shows banshee at 90+% CPU
> utilization.
>
> I also ran Banshee in debug but the output didn't immediately point to
> an obvious culprit.

Yup, this sounds the same as my Banshee. I have noticed one tenuous
pattern: it seems to happen when switching albums. I nearly always
listen to my music in sequence and I've noticed a handful of times
after restarting from a freeze that the play counts have stopped
increasing at the end of an album. Could you confirm that?

Andrew