Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee hogging CPU and/or memory

I saw another user that had CPU hogging issues the other day in
#banshee.  It turned out that he had several smart playlists that used
each other.  For example one was for most recently played and then he
had another smart playlist that referenced the most recently played
playlist.  He had that nesting happening several playlists deep.

I advised him to backup his library and start adding things back one
by one.  It turns out that the smart playlists were the issue.  He
said he would file a bug, but I'm not sure of the number.

-- Trey

On 3/21/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 3/21/07, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:
> Sometimes the window goes "white" to be more specific than blank and
> sometimes it just freezes up and doesn't respond to clicks on it. If I
> hit the X gnome asks me if I want to "Force Quit" immediately. I also
> notice the tray icon disappear on occasion. It is rather difficult to
> duplicate. I'll often go days without the problem, then it will show
> up. Sometimes it will happen a few times in a day. It doesn't appear
> to be related to frequency of use. Sometimes it happens when Banshee
> is paused and not doing anything.

Yes, yes, and yes... all of these have happened to me as well. What a
weird bug, eh?