Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee hogging CPU and/or memory

On 3/22/07, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax gmail com> wrote:
On 3/21/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
> On 3/21/07, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:
> > Sometimes the window goes "white" to be more specific than blank and
> > sometimes it just freezes up and doesn't respond to clicks on it. If I
> > hit the X gnome asks me if I want to "Force Quit" immediately. I also
> > notice the tray icon disappear on occasion. It is rather difficult to
> > duplicate. I'll often go days without the problem, then it will show
> > up. Sometimes it will happen a few times in a day. It doesn't appear
> > to be related to frequency of use. Sometimes it happens when Banshee
> > is paused and not doing anything.
>
> Yes, yes, and yes... all of these have happened to me as well. What a
> weird bug, eh?

Same here! It got slower! It takes ages when I switch from a playlist to
another, and I
don't use Beryl.

Well, that might not be the same thing. Does your Banshee (eventually)
come back after switching? Because that's a separate (but also known)
issue.

The issue in this is that Banshee goes for a walk and never comes back.

Cheers,
Andrew