Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee hogging CPU and/or memory

On 3/22/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 3/22/07, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax gmail com> wrote:
> On 3/21/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
> > On 3/21/07, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:
> > > Sometimes the window goes "white" to be more specific than blank and
> > > sometimes it just freezes up and doesn't respond to clicks on it. If I
> > > hit the X gnome asks me if I want to "Force Quit" immediately. I also
> > > notice the tray icon disappear on occasion. It is rather difficult to
> > > duplicate. I'll often go days without the problem, then it will show
> > > up. Sometimes it will happen a few times in a day. It doesn't appear
> > > to be related to frequency of use. Sometimes it happens when Banshee
> > > is paused and not doing anything.
> >
> > Yes, yes, and yes... all of these have happened to me as well. What a
> > weird bug, eh?
>
> Same here! It got slower! It takes ages when I switch from a playlist to
> another, and I
> don't use Beryl.

Well, that might not be the same thing. Does your Banshee (eventually)
come back after switching? Because that's a separate (but also known)
issue.

Yes it does, but as I said it takes ages to switch from one playlist to another.

The issue in this is that Banshee goes for a walk and never comes back.

Cheers,
Andrew

Salvatore Benedetto (a.k.a. emitrax)
Student of Computer and Telecommunications Engineering
University of Messina (Italy)
www.messinalug.org

skype:emitrax
icq:299985329

No to global warming!
http://www.climatecrisis.net/
http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/

Siti di vera informazione Italiana
www.beppegrillo.it

Please do not send me any word, excel or power point file