Re: [Banshee-List] why can't Banshee write to HFS+ iPods?

On 4/24/07, Adam Dingle <adam medovina org> wrote:

Aaron,

Yes - Ubuntu 7.04 comes with HFS+ write support enabled out of the box; I
didn't have to install anything extra to make it available.  I'm running a
2.6.20 kernel (specifically, the Ubuntu kernel 2.6.20-15-generic ).

AFAIK hfsplus defaults to read-write on vanilla kernels and has for
some time.  If the FS is journaled (usually), or dirty and not fscked,
then it will switch to read-only at mount time.  I use the driver
myself with a non-journaled OSX partition.  No problems, so far...
(but does the iPod do an fsck?)

-Bob