Re: [Banshee-List] Status of later generation iPods.

On 24/04/07, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:
Currently, banshee doesn't differentiate podcasts or audiobooks from
any other audio when creating the iPod database. It would also have
probably not paid attention to the ones you already had when wiping
out the database, but I'm not sure about that part. I bet the files
are still on the device, but the database doesn't know it.

   Thanks for the reply.

   There were two questions initially. The first, which you addressed regards the wiping out of the podcast directory on my iPod. Yes, you are correct, the files are there but as you mentioned, but the DB doesn't know about it.

   The second, was the loss of 'chapters' in a podcast. Not sure if this is the correct term, but some podcasts contain chapters which are splits in the file that allows you to quickly move through the entire podcast. Often a chapter will contain cover art. The chapters are lost when transfered to the iPod.

   I also noticed that Banshee itself does not yet support this feature.

   So my question regarding my two questions is should I enter this as a bug or a feature request ? What can I do to help ?

   Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke shampoo ca
http://www.shampoo.ca