Re: Threading of messages

Hi Jack & Andreas:

Am 15.02.17 17:26 schrieb(en) Andreas Schmidt:
In 2013, one of the develors said:  "At one time Balsa would rethread on every mailbox change, and it was
intrusive, so it was decided to defer it; evidently, it's now deferred too long!  One issue is that it's difficult to
rethread in a sub-thread because of the display interactions.  We need to revisit that."

I think it simply hasn't been revisited yet.  Not sure how to push it higher on the list, unless one of the
developers happens to be interested.
Well, I guess replacing libesmtp is more important right now -- that concerns core functionality, the sorting
is a minor issue in this light.

Well, the libesmtp replacement is in for testing...  I'm not sure if it's really complete, but at least I got
no complaints yet.  It will be *really* helpful if you check the latest git code and give feedback, about
both the smtp functionality and the changed config gui.

And I fully agree with you that the broken sorting/threading is really annoying, and should be fixed!  Such
an important issue being postponed for 3 or 4 years is not acceptable.

I'm sure patches would be welcome, but it's a bit beyond my abilities.
Beyond mine, too, I'm afraid. Getting new versions and complaining (i.e. writing bug reports) is what I could
do. :-)

For me too.  I didn't write the code, and I don't know who actually added (or disabled) it.  Maybe Peter
knows more?  Peter, are you listening?

Cheers,
Albrecht.