Re: 'Delete' v. 'Move to trash'

On 01/06/2005 10:22:49 PM, Craig Routledge wrote:
[ snip ]
The problem with removing 'Delete' as a key binding is that we will get lots of complaints and then RequestForEnhancements in Bugzilla. Although I don't use it myself, most people expect the delete key to work. It does in every other GUI mail application I've tried.

So perhaps the default (initial) binding for `Delete' should be to a dialog that offers to bind it to either `move to trash' or `toggle deleted'[1]? (I believe that's feasible, right?)

Peter

[1] with another option for `do not show this dialog again' to remove the annoyance, for anyone who wants neither!