Re: 'Delete' v. 'Move to trash'

On 05/01/05 20:55:10, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Since `D' (single key) is bound to `move to trash' and `ctrl+D' (two key combo) is bound to `mark as deleted', having `Del' (single key) as an alternative for `mark as deleted' is useful. Binding `Del' to `move to trash' would give us two single-key bindings for that action, and only the `ctrl+D' binding for `mark as deleted'.

For me at least, `mark as deleted' is *really* useful for handling imap spam, 'cos my trash box is local, and I *really* don't want to download all that stuff just to delete it!

The problem isn't the defaults but rather that I *can't* change it later. I'm simply highlighting the menu entry 'Move to trash' and pressing the Delete key as per http://balsa.gnome.org/faq.html#faq27. Other keys work, just not Delete. It works in other GTK+ programs (e.g. Rox) but not in Balsa.

Andrew