Re: cvs HEAD, behaviour of "clickable urls"

Le 14.08.2004 21:44:22, Steffen Klemer a écrit :

Am 2004.08.14 16:11 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
On 08/14/2004 09:54:43 AM, Jean-Luc Coulon wrote:
[ snip ]
Well :
(again) I have a multipart message.
1st part is text/plain
2nd part is text/html

In the text/plain there are some urls : underlined and "clickable" [tm] If I click the URL, I get everything but what I wat. Ok for the right click that doesnt distinguished the url from any other text. I thought there was a relation with the fact that it was an url. There was *never* the ability to choose the tool via a popup in a text/plain part? Sure? ;-)

In the text/html there are some url too, when I fly over these urls, the cursor shape changes. At this moment, if I right click, I get a popup too but the menu is browsers choice:
Open with Web browser
Open with ...
Open (gedit %f)
Open with ...

Is it normal to have gedit in the list ?

I don't know--but I have it, too! Balsa builds that menu from what GnomeVFS knows about that content-type, as any good Gnome-app should...

Perhaps it is not clear to everybody that the shown list refers to the text/html part of the mail, not the highlightet url. It shouldn't be to hard to see the need to open a local html document with gedit or any other editor, is it? ;)

But this doesn't solve the problem of the mysterious browser ;)
Are you sure that both

/desktop/gnome/applications/browser and /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/ http are set to galeon?

My look like:

/desktop/gnome/applications/browser:      exec = galeon -n

This one pose problem : if I click the value (default to "sensible browser"), the key type change from string to boolean.

/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown:      command = galeon -n %s
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http:      command = galeon -n  %s

I have not the "-n" ...

Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks

Jean-Luc

cu
/Steffen

--
/"\
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict