Re: cvs HEAD, behaviour of "clickable urls"

Dear Peter,

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 12:02:51PM +0000, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> [ snip ]
> >If I get a multipart message : text/plain + text/html
> >
> >If I right click an url in text/plain, I have only an editor
> >list Generally, nevertheless, it onpens the file with epiphany
> >(the browser declared in my preferences is Galeon).
> >
> >If I rigt click in text/html, I hace all the browser list +
> >gedit betwen brackets.
> >
> >I tried to remove (apt-get purge epiphany-browser) epiphany,
> >and then it open the link with bluefish which is an html
> >editor.
> >
> >I will try to revert to gtkhtml2 .. and see
>
> Hi Jean-Luc!
>
> If you right-click on an url, you get the same popup menu as when
> you right-click any other text in the same widget.  On right-
> click, Balsa doesn't distinguish an url from plain text.

Well :
(again) I have a multipart message.
1st part is text/plain
2nd part is text/html

In the text/plain there are some urls : underlined and "clickable" [tm]
If I click the URL, I get everything but what I wat.
Ok for the right click that doesnt distinguished the url from any other text. I
thought there was a relation with the fact that it was an url. There was *never*
the ability to choose the tool via a popup in a text/plain part? Sure? ;-)

In the text/html there are some url too, when I fly over these urls, the cursor
shape changes. At this moment, if I right click, I get a popup too but the menu
is  browsers choice:
Open with Web browser
Open with ...
Open (gedit %f)
Open with ...

Is it normal to have gedit in the list ?

If all this behaviour is normal so the only problem is what is choosen by the
system when I click .....

Anyway there is this bug in gconf editor that changes the apps/applcation/
browser/exec to boolean when clicked.

With the command you told me the other day:
gconftool-2 -R /| awk '/epiphany/{print p, $0} / \/.*:$/ {p=$0}'

I get the following:

 /apps/epiphany/web:    /apps/epiphany/rendering:
 /apps/gnome-settings/galeon:    /apps/gnome-settings/epiphany-browser:
 /schemas/apps/blackjack/deck:    /schemas/apps/epiphany:
 /schemas/apps/epiphany:     /schemas/apps/epiphany/general:
 /schemas/apps/epiphany/general:
 /schemas/apps/epiphany/filterin:

I cannot understand the second line: if I use gconf-editor, and I see what it
set to /apps/gnome-settings/galeon, I found the url history ...

The gconf registery is quite a mystery for me ..

Jean-Luc