Re: Comments and Keywords

On 08/15/2004 12:53:33 PM, Steffen Klemer wrote:
Hi,

yesterday I tried Show->Keywords and comments in the compose window.
But now I wonder where in the resulting msg these things are saved?

Nowhere. It was an never finished feature that just sat there since 0.8.x days. And it is gone in 2.2.2.

Are these functions not yet implented in the new framework or did I miss something?

These things were a bit of a misunderstanding. Keywords and comments would be more apriopriate as ways of marking already existing messages. Generally, people use keywords *nowadays* for dividing messages into categories like "Answered", "Junk", "NotJunk", "Forwarded", "ActedUpon", etc. Comments are supposed to be a way of annotating messages[1].

Both these features require some mailbox driver support which I believe could be added if there was some need for it.

Pawel
[1] http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/822/37.htm