Re: cvs HEAD, behaviour of "clickable urls"

Le 14.08.2004 16:11:30, Peter Bloomfield a écrit :
On 08/14/2004 09:54:43 AM, Jean-Luc Coulon wrote:
[ snip ]
Well :
(again) I have a multipart message.
1st part is text/plain
2nd part is text/html

In the text/plain there are some urls : underlined and "clickable" [tm] If I click the URL, I get everything but what I wat. Ok for the right click that doesnt distinguished the url from any other text. I thought there was a relation with the fact that it was an url. There was *never* the ability to choose the tool via a popup in a text/plain part? Sure? ;-)

In the text/html there are some url too, when I fly over these urls, the cursor shape changes. At this moment, if I right click, I get a popup too but the menu is browsers choice:
Open with Web browser
Open with ...
Open (gedit %f)
Open with ...

Is it normal to have gedit in the list ?

I don't know--but I have it, too! Balsa builds that menu from what GnomeVFS knows about that content-type, as any good Gnome-app should...

[ gconf comments snipped ]

The gconf registery is quite a mystery for me ..

Join the club!

Well, after playing with the gconf editor, I managed to get back the expected behaviour. I remarked that there are many duplicates entries in the registery, some with spelling mistake (like application instead of application). Some keys are defined at several place. If you change one key at one place, the change is sometime done on the other place too ... and sometimes no. The control-ceter itself has several place where you can tell the same thing: "preferred application" or "files and prograpm types"). Maybe some cleanup is needed in that stack ... I suppose I will have this (or any other problem) at the next upgrade of gconf of the gnome contro center...

Thanks and regards

Jean-Luc