Re: IMAP-problems

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:06:39 -0400
Peter Bloomfield <PeterBloomfield@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Yes, there has to be a config entry for each special mailbox, so that
> Balsa knows about it at startup, and yes, it will be shown outside the
> folder tree until the tree has been scanned to the necessary depth.

I just wanted to recall the bahaviour and tried setting it up again, and now allw orks pretty well. I assigned the special folders inbox, sent, trash and draft to the into the IMAP-folder, and they remain there, and no crashes when unfolding anymore.
Now I'm not sure, the crash was 100% reproducable before... the only thing I changed is the INBOX-related stuff... either giving the IMAP-folder the prefix or not including INBOXs children anymore, can't remember that timewise. Actually, that solves the only critical problem I had, so I'm heading back to balsa in a few minutes. :)

> [ snip ]
> > you could completely move the ".expanded" into the config for all
> > folders, no? Like "Expanded=true" in the appropriate
> > [folder-x]-section.
>
> You'd want it saved for the whole folder tree, wouldn't you?  That
> means a list of expanded subfolders, associated with the [folder-x]
> section, not just a single flag.

hmmm... no. :) I'd be completely happy with a total expansion of the tree, as I have folders only for organizational issues and not to hide masses of them I'd occasionally want to access. But I understand the point very well, and most probably you're right there. But an initial global expansion would be better than the current no expansion at all imho. Any chance to patch that quickly and dirty? It should be enough to point me to the code-section and tell me what parameter of GTK_TREE_X affects that.

bye,

Darko