Re: IMAP-problems

On 04/25/2003, Darko Obradovic wrote:
[ snip ]
> I'd be completely happy with a total expansion of the tree, as I have
> folders only for organizational issues and not to hide masses of them
> I'd occasionally want to access. But I understand the point very
> well, and most probably you're right there. But an initial global
> expansion would be better than the current no expansion at all imho.
> Any chance to patch that quickly and dirty? It should be enough to
> point me to the code-section and tell me what parameter of GTK_TREE_X
> affects that.

I believe you could hack something--a general solution would have to
include a list of some sort--I *never* expand the whole tree, there's
just too much!

The actual expansion is done in bmbl_child_toggled_cb(). If a node
gains a child, and the BalsaMailboxNode is marked as expanded, the
corresponding row of the GtkTreeView is expanded.  For local folders,
the expanded state is set in balsa_mailbox_node_new_from_dir(), based
on the existence of "%s/.expanded".  The root node for an imap folder
tree is made in balsa_mailbox_node_new_from_config(), so if you added
the line

folder->expanded = TRUE;

before returning the folder, the top level of the tree should get
expanded as it's built.  The child nodes are made by
imap_scan_create_mbnode(), which is where they inherit their
`subscribed' status from their parent, so again, if you added the line
mbnode->expanded = mbnode->parent->expanded;

before returning, the whole tree should be expanded.

Quick, and *very* dirty!