Re: IMAP-problems

On 04/25/2003, Darko Obradovic wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:41:57 -0400
> Peter Bloomfield <PeterBloomfield@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> All special folders except Outbox can be specified as IMAP. The
>> restriction on Outbox may be difficult to get around--I've never
>> looked at in detail.
>
> Yes, but you can't *really* specify a folder in an IMAP-folder, if I
> do, it's gets saved in the config as a seperate IMAP-mailbox with
> it's own server-settings. Sometimes, it caused thje box to be shown
> outside the tree at the top-level, but I couldnt test that
> excessively due to some crashes...

Yes, there has to be a config entry for each special mailbox, so that
Balsa knows about it at startup, and yes, it will be shown outside the
folder tree until the tree has been scanned to the necessary depth.

[ snip ]
> you could completely move the ".expanded" into the config for all
> folders, no? Like "Expanded=true" in the appropriate
> [folder-x]-section.

You'd want it saved for the whole folder tree, wouldn't you?  That
means a list of expanded subfolders, associated with the [folder-x]
section, not just a single flag.