Re: Some bugs for balsa 2.0.2CVS

On 2002.09.18 19:41 Lemmit Kaplinski wrote:
[ snip ]
> Remember open mailboxes is checked and all of my mailboxes are
> open. Now what exactly does open mean in Balsa? To me it sounds
> "Selected and highlighted", but if you mean that the message
> headers have been fetched, the term should be cached or
> something similar. In any case - it's Trash for me every
> startup :)

Balsa is designed to work with mailboxes that may be quite slow
to open, like IMAP and monster mboxes, so it opens them only on
request. Yes, `open' means that Balsa has started some kind of
dialog with the mailstore, and has a list of messages with at
least some of the headers. It's meant that for a while, so I
don't think you'll persuade the Balsa user community to change!
You navigate among the open mailboxes using the notebook tabs.

Obviously, only one of those mailbox indexes can be shown, and
the notebook tab is the only reliable indication of which one it
is. In Balsa-2, if you select a mailbox in the tree view by
clicking on it, it will be selected, highlighted, opened if
necessary, and shown in the notebook; if you use the keyboard,
you can move the selection/highlight without opening the mailbox
or changing the one showing in the notebook--you have to
"activate" it by hitting the space-bar.

I believe that when you check `remember open mailboxes', Balsa
reopens them in the order that they were opened in the previous
session, so you could always close them all, reopen them with the
one you want to view on startup opened *last*, then exit.

HTH,