Some bugs for balsa 2.0.2

Hi,

first of all - Balsa is a very neat program. In fact I am trying to use
it instead of Evolution and the better it gets, the happier I am.

Now I know the proper place to send bugreports to is the GNOME
bugsystem, but I hope you pardon me for being a little lazy and just
writing down all that has troubled me in the last 24h.

My system: Debian unstable, PPC, gcc-3.2. If you need any other
information, just ask.

So here goes:

Bugs

* Balsa does not open INBOX at startup although instructed so
* When opening a mailbox, some message in the middle gets selected by
default (say I have 100 messages in INBOX, then on opening INBOX,
message 49 or 50 will get selected). It should remember previously
selected message or select none at all
* Mailbox view doesn't remember sorting criteria (From, Subject,
Date...)
* Mailbox view does not allow selecting multiple messages (for deleting
or moving)
* Mailbox view handles focus incorrectly. The message list never gets
focus, so up/down keys and <enter> don't work for selecting and opening
messages
* In the context menu, where you can mark existing boxes as
Inbox|Sentbox|something, Outbox is missing so I am stuck with the one I
set up at first start (I later pointed others over to my Evolution
maildir boxes and it has worked flawlessly)
* Unless the option "destroy and delete messages utterly and
immidiately" or similar is selected, deleted messages don't get deleted
when emtying the trash.
* There are a lot of messages that crash balsa and not all of them are
Asian SPAM letters. This has forced me to switch off preview pane (with
the auto-selecting a message in the middle bug, you can get into a loop
this way - balsa crashes for some message in a mailbox, when you reopen
balsa and select the box, it auto-selects a buggy message in the middle
and crashes again. Have to be quick to select another mailbox ;). I
would be happy to send such mails to you, but I obviously don't want my
personal correspondence available in the Bug system.
* POP timeout is too small and it is not identified as timeout. I had a
lot of trouble until I discovered that my POP3 server was trying to
send me back and ident request which timed out, but balsa gave up even
earlier. The server was RH7.2 with xinetd 2.3.3 (that did the ident
lookup), don't know about others. I disabled the ident lookup, but
increasing POP timeout should do the trick in cases where server is out
of your control.
* Selecting Filters from the Edit menu always crashes Balsa

Feature requests
* When downloading POP messages, it would be preferable to see the
count of messages, not the bytes downloaded
* Is there a reason for headers being in the order that Subject is
before CC:. It confuses me, but maybe there's a reason?

I hope this is of help and as I said - if you need detailed
information, let me know.

L.