Re: Some bugs for balsa 2.0.2

Hi,

On 2002.09.19 12:21 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> Iirc, it's suggested that an MUA show the first version it's capable of,
> in the order specified by the sender, but it isn't a MUST or even a
> SHOULD, so doing something different doesn't break the rfc, nor even bend

If that's really true, why isn't there an option to "Prefer text/plain over
text/html"? I'd really like that, it gives my a chance to decide if I want
to even look at rendered html beforehand.
As long as gtkhtml doesn't let me scroll using the mouse wheel, getting at
the plain text version of multipart mail is a drag. It's far easier to
switch from text to html: a quick wheel scroll, a click and I can see html,
but to get from html to text I have to move the mouse to the scrollbar,
pull down and than I need to move back to the message and click. Wheel
scrolling has become second nature to me and it angers me when it dowsn't
work.

> it more than a little! Anyway, if a user checks a box that says "don't
> show me html cr*p", the MUA's no longer `capable' of showing it, right?
> (wink, wink, ...)

Well, I would like it to stil be able to, but only at user request. So, not
a compile time option but a pref, overridable throuch a context menu or
something like that.

Melanie