Re: What is IMAP status for now?

On 2002.10.15 01:46 M. Thielker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2002.10.15 02:07 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
>> I was hit by that one a week or two ago, too.  It looks to me
>> as though libmutt miscounts the bytes in a message when the
>> last line isn't newline-terminated, because of a misplaced
>> feof(fp) check--is that what your workaround fixes?
>
> It's one issue that popped up, yes. There is another one that I
> addressed once in a patch I submitted a long time ago, but I
> didn't, back then, thouroughly check all related code. I don't
> clearly remember anymore whether the issue was one of quoting
> or escaping, but it was related to IMAP folder names containing
> spaces. AFAIK the folder name was quoted on some occasions, but
> not on others when talking to the IMAP server. I have since
> removed all spaces from my folder names so I wouldn't lose any
> more messages.
> Either one of those would trigger the "Junk after literal" bug.

Iirc the libmutt imap parser failed with embedded spaces in one
particular place (parsing the CAPABILITIES?), and only with
certain flavors of server (probably Cyrus!)--anyway, it's been
fixed for a while.  Spaces in folder names aren't causing me any
more problems--could you experiment with them, without wrecking
your folder tree?