Re: Suggestions

On 2001.04.26 14:25:31 +0200 Roeland Huys wrote:
> Netscape and StarOffice are too big because they integrate programs with
> not many common issues. (HTML+EMAIL? nothing to do with each other!)
> I agree.
>
> But I think making a progam which combines typical messaging protocols,
> like E-mail, news, AOL, ICQ, ... can be done very efficient with compact
> code. Perhaps with plugins?
> You have to see that for each type of protocol everything is about the
> same, except the communication layer which is a rather small interface.
>
> But of course, only messaging stuff. I don't want to see spreadsheet
> support in my mail reader!

short answer from my side.... NO

a) news might be oki but nothing else
b) aol ??? we kickban all aol users on efnet because they are
   dumb so why add features for them?
c) icq i dont even have an account so why use icq there are
   many powerfull freeware clients to use.

i also dont want to have balsa getting bloatened. if you like bloat
you might be wrong with balsa. i am a happy and proud balsa user an
i am always happy to see how much efford the programmers (usually 2-3
of them on top) investigate into this to serve us with a usuefull
product, i really must thank them. i always look forward seeing balsa
getting better with each version. so why the hell should balsa be fucked
up now with senceless crap like AOL and ICQ ?

greets...

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de