Re: Suggestions

> > > - Newsgroup support
> > I am strongly against this.  Balsa is an *e-mail client*, not a
> > newsreader.  The two should be kept seperate.  Check out Pan.
> But when you post a message to a newsgroup, you actually send an e-mail,
> don't you agree? I think newsgroups and e-mails have very much in common,
> except the communication protocol which is much like POP or IMAP, so why
> having a different program for that?
> I would like to see my favorite newsgroup "inboxes" next to my personal
> mailboxes.

I agree that they do have much in common, but I still think keeping the two
separate is the best way to go.  That way each program can concentrate on
perfecting the job that it does rather than becoming jack of all trades and
master of none.

Compare Outlook Express to The Bat! and NewsShark/Agent under Windows.
Each is better than OE at what it does.  Pan is a good newsreader.

The nature of news and e-mail is fundamentally diffferent.  E-mail is a
one-to-one communication (essentially, ignoring mailing lists), and news is
a big many-to-many thing.

--

Daniel Foster - daniel@34SP.com