Re: Three minor bugs.

On Nov 06 2000 16:23 Matthew Guenther wrote:

> They do, and we have tried using them, however they often mis-identify
> things like pdf files as text/plain.  I have a possible solution in my head,
> but I'll have to get home and try it out first.

I attempted my solution, and it doesn't work nearly as well as I'd hoped. It
was still unable to correctly identify a plain text file with a .diff
extension as text/plain. Even using gnome_mime_from_magic, which uses the
file command database, didn't work correctly.

Given this, I think a solution to this problem is going to have to wait
until the next version, and perhaps until the new gnome-vfs module is
released with GNOME 1.4.

MBG

--
    Matthew Guenther