Re: implementation of message threadings.

Hi,

  |On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 14:55:45 +0200
  |Gediminas Paulauskas <menesis@delfi.lt> wrote:
  |
  |However, on some mailboxes I encountered a crash. Debugging in gdb, I
  |have tracked that a SIGSEGV is got in gen_container function from
  |balsa-index-threading.c file, gdb writes this:

Thank you for sending me a feedback.
I have fixed this bug. A mailbox 'ktug' in last your mail includes
some messages, which do not have a 'Message-ID' header and I missed to
skip those broken messages.
Where should I send a patch?
Almost of all on this list may not be interested in it.

  |OTOH, those speed improvements look fine. As I understand, they just make
  |some operations on some messages at once, not one by one. And more... But no
  |objections about this, I think parts of the patch can be integrated into
  |1.0.

Of course, I can and it is not difficult to do.
However, 1.0 will be soon released in a few days according to
last announcement, so I think my hacks should be merged in 1.0.* or 1.1.*
if they are accepted. Is it worth posting those splitted patches in a few days?
And again, where should I post to?

  |Note to Atsuhiko: maybe you could split a patch into two: 1) improvements 2)
  |threading? Also, never include Makefile.in and similar generated files in a
  |patch. They are large but useless.

I'm sorry for sending such a big garbage.
I had to add two new files to balsa, but 'configure' did not update
'src/Makefile.in' automatically, so I included it.
I will never make a same mistake again.

Thanks,
--
ymnk, JCraft Inc., mailto: ymnk@jcraft.com