Re: PGP

On Nov 06 2000 14:27 Jason Williams wrote:
> I'm new to the list, so this may have been addressed already; please
> forgive me.
>
> I'm assuming Balsa does not support PGP/GPG right? If not, are there plans
> to include an interface for public/private key encryption?
>
> Has anyone used a gnome client for PGP/GPG that will let you drag 'n drop
> some encrypted text into Balsa and visa-versa?

This has been on the list before, there are archives at
http://www.geocrawler.com. Currently Balsa does not support PGP/GnuPG,
however it is planned. Currently we are waiting for a portable library
interface to become available for public key encryption. AFAIK the only
X-based mail client with support for encryption is XFmail.

As for getting encrypted text into balsa, you might want to try Seahorse,
it's a GNOME frontend to GnuPG. I don't know if there's a corresponding free
interface for PGP.

MBG

--
    Matthew Guenther