Re: Conference registration option

On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 19:46 +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
> >> I am not very confident for selling the t-shirts on such high price.
> >> What was the actual cost ? I would suggest to keep price at max Indian
> >> Rs 450 - 500 (~$ 10/11).
> >
> > We are targeting to sell 60 t-shirts only (as we have only 60 tshirts
> > available so far,
> > if they buy gnome tshirts , they are donors, we can highlight money will
> > go to the GNOME Foundation to subsidize hackfest or other project.
> > I think it's okay to give an option of tshirt + registration of two days
> > at US$20
> >
> > If we really have good response, we can consider to print more locally
> > with the contest design as you suggested.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Pockey
> Definitely good idea. I'd like to emphasize that people will not be
> buying "yet another t-shirt" but contributing to the GNOME Foundation.
> This is something we should make clear in the GNOME booth.

I am fine if we can convince them to buy t-shirt (in parallel donate to
GNOME foundation) on such high price :-)

As i have already pointed out we may print around 500 t-shirts locally
which will be sold around $5 per t-shirt if people in asia-committee and
gnome board are agreeing on our thoughts.

> I also second the idea of selling the t-shirt while people are
> registering and have their "wallet" open, and to include the
> registration within the t-shirt price.
> So $20 for 1 T-shit and 1 pass, T-shirt will be given when they show up
> at the event. That's definitely excellent.

As we have got green signal from doattend (i have forwarded the email
from doattend already), we can add one more option on registration page
which will be for conference + t-shirt.