Re: Conference registration option

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 23:21 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
> On 03/10/2011 11:03 PM, Emily Chen wrote:
> > How about the sell T-shirts options?
> >
> > How many T-shirt we plan to produce locally ?
>
> We don't plan to produce any t-shirt locally as we already have 100
> tshirts shipped from China

If we want to promote GNOME3, can we print locally one t-shirt design
out of the winners of GNOME3 t-shirt design contest and sell them at
no-profit-no-loss. If asia committee is fine with it, we will take
permission from gnome board before printing them.

> T-shirts will be only given to all our 20+ speakers and three 3 MCs,
> in total around 30 t-shirts. We can also keep a few for lucky draw.
>
> The remaining 60 t-shirts will be for sales. Can we set the price at
> $15 to 20?
> We can sell it as a GNOME 3 Limited edition tshirt!

I am not very confident for selling the t-shirts on such high price.
What was the actual cost ? I would suggest to keep price at max Indian
Rs 450 - 500 (~$ 10/11).

> Would Akhil please add one more option - tshirt optionand add a quota
> of 60?

I have added 'Would you like to buy cool GNOME3 t-shirt' in registration
form long back. So far 50% delegates have shown interest in buying the
t-shirt. I have raised a query on doattend contact page about
feasibility of selling t-shirts using their service but haven't got any
response yet.But we will lose commission money to attend by selling them
online.

Regards,
Akhil