Re: Sponsorship document for GNOME.Asia 2011

On 01/21/2011 05:25 PM, Akhil Laddha wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 16:44 +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've taken the liberty to write a different version keeping some of the
>> work and changing some of our catch lines.
>
> IMHO, wouldn't it be unprofessional to rewrite sponsorship doc after we
> have spent many hours in preparing the initial draft and even spent tiem
> in incorporating the review comments.

I think the question is more which text do you find more exciting and
potentially attractive to convince sponsors to support us, and which
angle from both perspective will make those companies want to be at
GNOME.Asia Summit?

What matters is the result, not really how much time we all spend in
doing the work.

>> The text being quite different I have attached a text file (rather than
>> overwriting the wiki) and would like to gather some feedback first. Note
>> that everything under "The Sponsor process" in the wiki page plugs under
>> my text.
>>

> - Local team (Parag, Bharath and myself) still feels that we should have
> soft deadline like March 10, 2011 for key sponsors. We should at least
> come to know about first three key sponsors (Platinum, Gold and Silver)
> by this time line other wise it will be a big problem to fund the event.
>
>  From document [1], we would like to add below content.
>
> Important Dates
>
>      * Sponsorship Decision: Mar 10, 2011
>      * Logo Receipt: Mar 14, 2011
>      * Banners: Mar 14, 2011
>      * Event Begins: Mar 28, 2011
>      * Event Ends: Apr 2, 2011
>
> There is no hard deadline for the sponsors. An early decision would help
> us include and market the sponsors better on the printed material and to
> the media.

I'm not sure I understand the question/comment. This text is from the
original document, i didn't change anything there. What actually means
"Sponsorship Decision"? from who and about what? Is it a hard deadline
or do you mean it's a mistake that needs fixing?

Thanks.

Fred