Re: Sponsorship document for GNOME.Asia 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 02:11 -0600, Brian Cameron wrote:
> Pockey:
>
> Overall it looks good.  I made a few minor improvements to the text.

Hello,

I have tried to incorporate all the suggestions by Brian. Let me
know/modify if it needs further changes.

My changes,
http://live.gnome.org/action/diff/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/CallForSponsors?action=diff&rev1=12&rev2=13

The wiki,
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/CallForSponsors

> I do wonder why we have the section "GNOME 3 talking points".  This
> doesn't seem to be very relevant to sponsors, and is using valuable
> real estate at the top of the document where we probably should be
> making a stronger appeal to them sponsoring us.

I removed all the old text and just added the first few lines from our
new gnome3.org page.

> I also think we could highlight a few more things:
>
> - We could say more to thank our past sponsors and make those who
>    will see us asking for money again feel more recognized and invited
>    to contribute again.

We already have. We just need better/high res logos in the final
document.

> - That sending employees to the event is considered a valuable way
>    to sponsor, and is appreciated.

Added some lines for this. Let me know if it needs any improvement.

> - We should encourage sponsors to consider having an employee speak
>    at the event, with perhaps a link to instructions on how to submit
>    a paper.
> - I think we could send out a message to potential sponsors with an
>    interest in GNOME 3 to be involved with us in a more special way.
>    Perhaps we could give any Diamond sponsors visibility on the
>    upcoming www.gnome3.org website, for example.  Or make them feel
>    more involved with GNOME 3 in other more tangible ways.
> - Considering that this is the big GNOME 3 launch event, won't there
>    be media?  Could we make arrangements with media to highlight
>    Platinum and Gold sponsors as a part of the package?
> - An invitation to negotiate with us.  Perhaps we could have a
>    sliding scale so that local organizations, smaller organizations or
>    first-time GNOME sponsors have a smaller free.

We have a custom package for this level of sponsorship.

Regards,
Bharath