Re: Sponsorship document for GNOME.Asia 2011

Pockey:

Overall it looks good.  I made a few minor improvements to the text.

I do wonder why we have the section "GNOME 3 talking points".  This
doesn't seem to be very relevant to sponsors, and is using valuable
real estate at the top of the document where we probably should be
making a stronger appeal to them sponsoring us.

I also think we could highlight a few more things:

- We could say more to thank our past sponsors and make those who
  will see us asking for money again feel more recognized and invited
  to contribute again.
- That sending employees to the event is considered a valuable way
  to sponsor, and is appreciated.
- We should encourage sponsors to consider having an employee speak
  at the event, with perhaps a link to instructions on how to submit
  a paper.
- I think we could send out a message to potential sponsors with an
  interest in GNOME 3 to be involved with us in a more special way.
  Perhaps we could give any Diamond sponsors visibility on the
  upcoming www.gnome3.org website, for example.  Or make them feel
  more involved with GNOME 3 in other more tangible ways.
- Considering that this is the big GNOME 3 launch event, won't there
  be media?  Could we make arrangements with media to highlight
  Platinum and Gold sponsors as a part of the package?
- An invitation to negotiate with us.  Perhaps we could have a
  sliding scale so that local organizations, smaller organizations or
  first-time GNOME sponsors have a smaller free.

  I think, for example, we could perhaps do more to encourage
  organizations that have an interest in doing GNOME consulting
  work have a presence at the event.  Perhaps having a special
  sponsorship package for smaller consulting firms might help to
  attract this sort of new sponsor and more local sponsors.

  I think we might be able to attract more sponsorship money if we
  are more flexible and provide more options.

Brian